Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How did I not know about WikiPaintings?

Have you heard of WikiPaintings.org?

I want to tie in some more Art History with an upcoming 1st grade Tree lesson. I posted on Twitter and Facebook asking for suggestions (aside from Klimt's Tree of Life and some van Gogh paintings I already knew of.) I started searching and WikiPaintings came up. You can search for a keyword and it brings up results from the huge database. The results can be viewed as sort of a slideshow or you can click on them one at a time. I was just thinking the other day that somebody needed to invent this and it has already been done! What a great resource that allows us to search by theme!

9 comments:

  1. Katie -

    Thanks for posting. I had never heard of WikiPaintings.org. I just typed in 'fruit' and all these fabulous still lifes popped up! What a great resource.

    Rina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about it either, hanks for the tip! Love your blog! Thank you for following my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had NO IDEA this existed. Thank you soooooo much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great find! Thanks!
    -Zach
    thomaselementaryart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled upon it a few months ago when I was looking at self-portraits... but I had totally forgotten about it! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness!! Thank you! I had no idea! Great for viewing on the Promethean board! I will definitely be using this!!

    ReplyDelete