Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Artist Shirt

I keep finding photos that I intended to post a loooong time ago. This is a shirt that I helped my toddler make during Youth Art Month. He loves painting. I like to let him choose a couple colors of acrylic craft paint and go to town. I bought a plain white t-shirt, used painters tape to mask off a square, and let my little guy paint whatever he wanted. When he was done, we peeled the tape off and I used some puff paint to make a swirly frame around the edges. The only bad thing is that I didn't realize how small  the shirt size ran so he could only comfortably wear it for a couple months. I think we'll have fun making more shirts in the future!

2 comments:

  1. this is such a cute idea! One question though: does the acrylic paint survive after washing? Or do you recommend fabric paint? thanks!
    I just found your blog, and I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabric paint would be great! I just used acrylic because it was there. It has held up to many washings with minimal fading. I knew from accidentally painting my clothes too many times that it would last!

    ReplyDelete