Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Tips and Tricks: Tearing Butcher Paper Straight!

Here's a trick for tearing those big rolls of butcher paper that you might not know. I always had a hard time tearing the paper straight. It would start off really nice and straight and I'd think "this time I'll get it!" only to be surprised when the nice straight line veered off into a jagged tear. One day as I was asking the paper roll, "Seriously?", a preschool teacher walked by and told me the magic trick, which is really quite easy, and should be taught to all teachers!

Are you ready?

Tear from the bottom, up.

That's it! It makes a huge difference for me. Hope it helps you as well! 

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a perfect post to link to on my bulletin board blog. I hope that's okay. BulletinBoardstoRemember.blogspot.com

    jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing to do is tear from the left part way, then tear from the right

    ReplyDelete